From the crazy holiday traffic to your dropping temperatures, winter is an especially difficult season for your vehicle. At Airport Automotive, we recommend that you stay a step ahead of the game and make sure your vehicle is firing on all cylinders and ready for whatever comes your way.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare your vehicle for winter:
- In the colder months, you want to make sure your vehicle’s mixture of antifreeze and coolant remains at 50/50. If there is more water, the risk of this mixture freezing is greater.
- Take a look at your windshield wipers and look for any signs of aging. If your windshield wipers are worn out, they may impede your vision during the rain or snow, which can lead to a dangerous situation.
- Don’t forget about your car’s battery. During the winter months, your battery’s power can be reduced up to 50%. We wouldn’t want you to be stuck out in the cold with a car that has a dead battery.
- The cold will reduce your car’s tire pressure, which in turn will affect your tires’ grip and handling on the road.
- Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle. You never know what can happen, but if you have an emergency kit stocked and ready to go, you can be prepared for practically anything.
And most importantly, bring your vehicle into Airport Automotive for an inspection. We can identify any issues that may arise during winter, and overall, your car is performing in pristine condition and can handle the drop in temperatures and the bumper-to-bumper traffic on the way to Grandma’s house for the holidays. Schedule an appointment at Airport Automotive today. We are located at 6305 E. Platte Ave Suite 1,2, Colorado Springs, CO 80915.